App and Firmware Updates Available
The latest Bad Elf GPS utility app was approved by Apple and went live in the iTunes App Store last night. Download it here.
This version (2.0.16) includes a ton of great features and configuration options requested by our customers for the Bad Elf GPS Pro, as well as some bug fixes. After you download the new app, be sure to do the firmware upgrade to 2.0.44.
New configuration options:
- GPS Pro can power up automatically when connected to external USB power
- Battery saver turns accessory off when idle for configurable time
- LCD backlight can be configured for "momentary on" or toggle mode
- All major international timezones now supported (including :15/:30/:45 min TZs)
- SBAS/WAAS/EGNOS corrections can be disabled
- LCD displays cardinal heading (NE, SW, etc.) with numeric value in GPS Heading field
- Configuration settings, firmware updates, and datalogged trips can be secured with a passcode lock
- Pairing can be configured to be anonymous, allowing any iOS device to pair without the need to confirm the pairing by pressing a button on the Bad Elf GPS Pro.
Several new datalogger features and options:
- Logging can be configured to start automatically on power-up or when connected to USB power
- Added 10 sec, 30 sec, and 1 min logging intervals
- POIs now include a numeric identifier for easy reference with field notes
- Bluetooth can be automatically disabled at startup to conserve power
- Exported GPX and KML log files now include hardware information
- Smart filter thresholds have been revised downward to: Flying 50mph (80kph/43kts),
Driving 10mph (16kph/8.7kts), Running/Cycling 4mph (6.5kph/3.5kts), Walking 1mph (1.6kph/0.9kts)
Several bugs are also fixed in this release:
- Fixed issue causing high-temperature firmware lock-ups
- App now stops using background location services when Bad Elf GPS plug-in hardware is removed
- Fixed parsing bug affecting high-resolution (> 1Hz) log files containing POIs
- Fixed parsing bug affecting single digit latitude/longitude values
All of these are explained in more detail in the App's help pages, just click the question mark button in the Configuration panel. And as always, please contact us if you have any questions or feedback.