To qualify and remain a Bad Elf Authorized Reseller (BEAR or Reseller), your business must adhere to this Bad Elf Authorized Reseller Policies at all times. These policies include the following terms:
- Disclosure: Each BEAR must maintain current business information and disclose all locations that carry Bad Elf products. Each BEAR must maintain accurate and up-to-date company information and disclose all retail locations that carry Bad Elf products throughout the term of your reseller relationship with Bad Elf. Qualifying retail locations can only be one of the following: your physical brick & mortar store(s), your commerce-enabled website(s), or temporary storefronts (events, trade shows, pop up stores, etc.). Bad Elf will separately provide details on how that data can be provided and updated and the frequency with which is should be confirmed.
- Reporting: Each BEAR must report sell-thru for physical retail location(s) and e-commerce sites. Each BEAR shall provide sell-thru information by SKU and approved retail location. Bad Elf reserves the right to perform an audit of financial statements pertaining to Bad Elf sales or the business operations (conduct) to ensure compliance with this policy. Bad Elf will separately provide details on the frequency and means for making these reports.
- Trademark & Brand Usage: Each BEAR must comply with Bad Elf’s Style Guide, which outlines the Trademark & Brand Usage Policies in order to represent yourself as a Bad Elf Authorized Reseller in all print, audio, video, and online advertising & sales collateral. Setting up businesses, registering domain names, or social media usernames that contain any of Bad Elf’s trademarks is strictly prohibited. To ensure compliance with Bad Elf’s Authorized Reseller Policies, you must only use approved marketing materials for all Bad Elf products. Bad Elf publishes a Bad Elf Style Guide for reference.
- Minimum Advertised Price Policy: Each BEAR must understand their obligations under Bad Elf’s MAP Policy and abide by them.
- Retail Sales Only: Each BEAR may not sell in bulk to B2B accounts, wholesalers, or freight forwarders/drop shippers for other retailers. Reseller may only sell to your end consumers only.
- Purchasing Bad Elf Products: Each BEAR must not buy Bad Elf products from other retailers, or from other sources not explicitly endorsed by Bad Elf.
- Original Packaging: Reseller may not alter original Bad Elf packaging in any way prior to reselling Bad Elf products. Removing Bad Elf products from packaging and reselling Bad Elf products in different packaging or under a different name is strictly prohibited.
- Product Data in Advertising: Reseller must be able to use standard Bad Elf supplied data in product data feeds that you distribute to third party advertising venues, unless prior written permission is obtained from Bad Elf.
- Bundling Constraints: Reseller must not re-SKU or bundle Bad Elf products in online assortments or data feeds without receiving prior written permission from Bad Elf.
- Bulk Sales: Reseller agrees to reasonably cooperate with Bad Elf in preventing unauthorized exportation of Bad Elf products. For Bad Elf products which incorporate an individualized numerical designation (e.g. serial number) and which are sold in bulk, defined as ten (10) or more units in a single transaction, or ten (20) or more units purchased by the same individual within thirty (30) days (“Serialized Bulk Products”), Reseller shall endeavor to request the following information: customer name, customer address, customer phone, product serial numbers, and dates of transaction. The customer information is not required to be transferred to Bad Elf, however it should be used to identify suspicious purchase patterns. In the event the customer refuses to provide such information, Reseller should reduce the transaction quantity to below the applicable Serialized Bulk Products threshold.
- Customer Confusion: Reseller will not advertise, market, display, or demonstrate non-Bad Elf products together with Bad Elf products in a manner that would create the impression that the non-Bad Elf products are made by, endorsed by, or associated with Bad Elf.
- Approved Websites: Reseller must only take orders via publicly accessible ecommerce enabled web pages hosted on approved websites owned and operated by your company. Selling on third party sites (e.g., eBay, Amazon, Alibaba, etc.), drop-ship accounts (Buy.com, Newegg.com, Overstock.com, etc.), classified sites (Craigslist.com, Facebook Marketplace, etc.) or direct messages on forums is strictly prohibited.
- PCI Compliance: Reseller must ensure Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance for all approved commerce-enabled websites owned & operated by your company.
- Fraud Protection: Reseller must ensure industry-standard e-commerce security and fraud protection measures are in place, including two-factor authentication, authorized territory shipping restrictions, and customer fraud resolution procedures.
Failure to comply with all of the terms in Bad Elf’s Authorized Reseller Policy will result in suspension or termination of your status as a Bad Elf Authorized Reseller or your account with Bad Elf.