Bad Elf Flex
The Future of GNSS for GIS, mapping, and surveyBuying Options
The Bad Elf Flex Story
Bad Elf Flex™ democratizes GNSS and economizes field data collection.
Our customers shared their needs for lower cost GNSS solutions that include full RTK rover workflow. With introductory pricing of USD $2,499.99*, Bad Elf Flex delivers, with 30-60cm accuracy all day, every day. But wait, there's more!
Need higher accuracy? No problem! Bad Elf Flex tokens provide a USD $25* per day rate for features that typically cost thousands of dollars – and every Bad Elf Flex unit includes a free starter pack for you. This daily rate includes full access to both an unlocked RTK workflow and the Atlas L-Band correction service. Bad Elf Flex is the first GNSS receiver to have a daily choice with unlimited switching between L-Band and RTK.
The Bad Elf Flex delivers customers a comparative advantage in a total geospatial solution. A single GNSS receiver removes the need for deploying multiple devices in the field. Surveyors and their crews now have a scalable accuracy, survey-grade receiver. GIS managers focus on flexible field choices for work crews with varying skill levels. Businesses obtain operational and financial efficiencies. Bad Elf Flex effectively offers you several products in one package through flexible software and configuration. Some have even said it is Engineered Magic®!
Accuratecorrect in all details; exact.
- 1 cm RTK via NTRIP
- 5 cm to 10 cm via satellite corrections worldwide
- 30 cm - 60 cm via SBAS
- 1 m autonomous
- Post-processing capable
- Multii-frequency / multi-constellation - BeiDou, Galileo, GPS, and Glonass
Affordablereally, truly, disruptively affordable.
- Introductory pricing of USD $2,499*
- Extreme option starting at USD $4,999*
- Bad Elf Flex Tokens available for USD $25* for a 24-hr period
Versatileable to adapt or be adapted to many different functions or activities..
- Portable, self-contained - mount on a rover pole or hold in one hand
- Functional, full-day operation - 11-hr battery life2 with active power management
- Compatible, app agnostic - works with iOS, Android, and Windows
- Standalone, ergonomic - integrated keyboard and sunlight readable LCD
- Rugged, industrial - IP65 rated for water and dust, industrial temperature range
Bluetooth GNSS Receiver & Datalogger
Bad Elf Flex delivers 30-60cm1 accuracy without any additional subscription or cost. Compatible with phones or tablets for use in GIS, mapping, agriculture, and survey data collection.
On-demand data logging includes:
- Raw data loging in RINEX format for post-processing
- NMEA logging in standard NMEA 0183 format
- Available standalone or through the Bad Elf Flex app
Survey-Grade Rover & Mapping-Grade GNSS
Powered by Bad Elf
Customers spoke and we listened. The modern paradigm for field data collection must address the needs of the competitive business. Surveyors and their crews now have a scalable survey-grade receiver. GIS managers can focus on flexible field choices for work crews with varying skill levels.
Financially speaking, Bad Elf Flex solves the following business considerations:
- Acquisition of GNSS hardware is expensed versus capitalized
- One set of hardware for field crews requiring minimal training
- Other services and subscriptions can be expensed to operational budgets or projects
Looking to learn more about using the Bad Elf Flex for GIS? See our GIS Resources for detailed infromation and advanced usage.
Fully compatible with Android, iOS and Windows location-aware apps3. The Bad Elf Flex meets all requirements under Apple's MFi program, and works great with any location-based app in the App Store. Learn More...
If you would like to join our mailing list or learn more about the Bad Elf Flex, please click on the signup button.
2Battery life is also dependent on temperature and use of L-Band services
3See specifications for minimum OS versions
In SBAS-enabled regions, Bad Elf Flex achieves 30 cm - 60 cm accuracy sufficient for sub-meter GIS use. Simply pair the receiver with your tablet or phone and all location-aware apps become sub-meter capable. No additional software or special configuration required.
- Daily cost - none
- Training - none
Operating in metro areas? Bad Elf Flex provides sub-meter capability for GIS use, perfect for your GIS field crews. Do you need to record precise locations for underground or above ground assets? Enable Extreme mode and use precision RTK with the Bad Elf Flex app built-in NTRIP client. With proper usage, your field crews can achieve centimeter accuracy in minutes.
- Daily cost of one Bad Elf Flex Token (USD $25)
- Use your preferred CORS or VRS network
Do you collect data in areas without cellular coverage? Bad Elf Flex is capable of operating anywhere in the world using L-Band satellite-delivered corrections. Using Atlas®1 provides accuracy down to 5 cm RMS in many situations. One can expect typical convergence times of 10 – 40 minutes. Options available for use of Atlas satellite-based corrections include:
- Daily cost of one Bad Elf Flex Token (USD $25) or,
- Subscription from 1 month to 1 year for longer-term usage1
Flex Extreme Bundle
If you require an RTK survey-grade rover for use more than 30 to 40 days a year, consider the Extreme bundle. Purchase at time of sale or after without any penalty. The Bad Elf Flex Extreme bundle includes the following unlocked services:
- Daily cost - none
- Fully unlocked RTK engine
- Multiple-constellation enabled
- Multiple-frequency enabled
Bad Elf Flex Tokens
Bad Elf Flex Tokens are stored on your Bad Elf Flex and available for use anytime and anywhere. Just load your Flex with tokens sufficient for the number of days you plan to work remotely. You can purchase Bad Elf Flex Tokens directly through the Bad Elf Flex app on iOS or Android, or online from bad-elf.com. Bad Elf Flex Tokens don't expire and remain on your receiver until you use them.
Each Bad Elf Flex Token is good for a 24-hour period from your first position lock. Ready for maximum flexibility? Bad Elf Flex is the only receiver GNSS receiver to provide daily options for high accuracy. With one Bad Elf Flex Token, you can freely switch between these options:
* Unlock multi-constellation and multi-frequency for higher accurcacy SBAS
* Use RTK with your local CORS or VRS network for centimeter level results
* Use L-Band satellite corrections for places you don't have a data connection or SBAS availability
Bad Elf Flex Image Gallery
Field Use With Tablet - Front
Field Use With Tablet - Side
*Prices and specification subject to change without notice.
© 2020, Bad Elf, LLC. Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC. Apple, the Apple logo, and the App Store logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Atlas is a trademark of Hemisphere GNSS, Inc.
Order any Bad Elf product online and have it shipped right to your front door - worldwide.
Buy Now ?
We’re here to help with all of your Bad Elf products. Browse recent FAQ, the Knowledge Base, Glossary, and more.Visit Support ?
Bad Elf Flex App
Specifically designed for Bad Elf Flex, built-in NTRIP client, cross-platform compatible, complete receiver control.Learn More...
Bad Elf App
Track your trips, plot your course, share with your friends and family, and get the most out of your Bad Elf hardware.Learn More...