QGIS field survey app for seamless Geodata collaboration
Simplify field survey by capturing Geodata on your mobile or tablet. Create mobile forms with the fields you require and invite your survey teams to complete them on their phones or tablets. Captured data, along with their location can be surveyed offline, then synced back to the office in seconds.
Mergin Maps is an extension of the free and open source GIS software QGIS. It allows you to open, interrogate and edit your QGIS projects on your mobile. Map layers look the same as in QGIS desktop and you can sync your data back and forward with QGIS desktop using the Mergin Maps QGIS plugin.
Advantages of the Mergin Maps system:
- No need for cables to get your data on/off your device
- Connect to external GNSS devices for high accuracy location data
- Wide selection of CRS with possible transformation and datum shift grids
- Stake out and line recording utilising GPS
- Share field survey with others for collaborative working
- Safely work together on the same datasets, even offline
- Updates from different surveyors are intelligently merged
- Push data back from the field in real time
- See version history and cloud-based backup
- Fine-grained access control
- Sync with your PostGIS datasets
Mergin Maps is developed by Lutra Consulting. With more than 14 years of experience helping organisations adopt open source GIS, we designed Mergin Maps to help solve challenges in a wide range of industries. Lutra Consulting is part of the core QGIS development team.