Offloading Trips from the Bad Elf App
Bad Elf Bluetooth GPS receivers can produce Trips that contain points & tracks. iOS provides a variety of facilities to transfer this data to other applications such as email or cloud services. This article provides instruction on how to get stored data from the Bad Elf application into other applications.
How to Export your Trips
The process of exporting trips from the Bad Elf application is accomplished using the following steps.
- Start the Bad Elf application and ensure your Bad Elf receiver is on and paired. A menu item will appear that shows how many trips are on the phone. Select this menu item to review the trips on your phone.
- Select a trip you want to email or move to another application. A dialog such as the one shown below will be displayed.
- To export the trip as a GPX or KML file, click on either Share GPX File or Share KML File. A menu is displayed with all of the applications you can use to offload the data.
- If you want to email the file to yourself, just click on the Mail icon. However, if you want to upload the file to your Google Drive, simply click on the Google Drive icon and follow the instructions.
- If you do not see the cloud service or application you want to use, scroll the menu starting with Message all the way to the left until you see the “More” option. A dialog such as the one below will be displayed.
- Search for the application you would like to add to the list of applications and turn it on by sliding its selector to the on position; option turns green. Click "Done".
- The application or cloud service should now appear in the list. Follow the instructions provided by the application to offload your trip.Click on the icon of a box with the arrow pointing up in the upper right hand corner of the screen. This action will provide options for you to transfer the trip to another application.