Offloading Raw Data Logs from the Bad Elf App
Bad Elf Bluetooth GPS receivers can produce Raw Data logs that contain information required for post processing. iOS provides a variety of facilities to transfer this data to other applications such as email or cloud services. This “how to” article provides instruction on how to get stored data from the Bad Elf utility application into other applications.
How to offload Raw DataRaw data is always stored on the phone or tablet and does not require a Bad Elf receiver to be attached. Exporting raw data from the Bad Elf application is accomplished using the following steps.
- Start the Bad Elf application and ensure your Bad Elf receiver is on and paired. Scroll down until you see a menu item labeled Raw Logging. Select this menu item to review the raw logs on your phone.
- Select a raw log that you want to email or move to another application. A dialog such as the one shown below will be displayed.A form is presented that provides you a means to edit any of the RINEX headers that will be stored in the output file. Make any changes desired, changes will be automatically saved.
- Click on the icon of a box with the arrow pointing up in the lower left hand corner of the screen. This action will provide options for you to transfer the trip to another application.
- To export a RINEX file, click on the option ZIP’s RINEX Files. This option will start a process to create the RINEX files and ZIP them up for transfer to your favorite application. The ZIP’d RINEX file will include the raw observables, an SBAS file if available and a NAV file. Once the process is complete you are presented with the following display.
- If you want to email the Zip’d RINEX file to yourself, just click on the Mail icon. However, if you want to upload the file to your Google Drive, simply click on the Google Drive icon and follow the instructions.
- If you do not see the cloud service or application you want to use, scroll the menu starting with Message all the way to the left until you see the “More” option. A dialog such as the one below will be displayed.
- Search for the application you would like to add to the list of applications and turn it on by sliding its selector to the on position; option turns green. Click "Done."
- The application or cloud service should now appear in the list. Follow the instructions provided by the application to offload your trip.Click on the icon of a box with the arrow pointing up in the upper right hand corner of the screen. This action will provide options for you to transfer the trip to another application.