Pairing and using a Bad Elf accessory is a very straightforward process for use with Esri Survey123 for ArcGIS. These instructions take you step by step through the process of connecting your Bad Elf accessory to Survey123 for ArcGIS.
The first step in the process is to ensure your phone or tablet is paired with the Bad Elf accessory. From your bluetooth settings page either pair or confirm that you phone or tablet is paired with your specific Bad Elf accessory.
Configuring Esri Survey123 for ArcGIS
The next step in the process is to configure your Bad Elf accessory to work directly with Survey123 for ArcGIS. The process below will only have to be completed one time unless a different Bad Elf is going to be used.
- Start Survey123 for ArcGIS
- On the main screen of Survey123 for ArcGIS, look in the upper right corner for the traditional menu icon. Click this icon.
- A dialog will appear at the bottom of the screen. Click on the option “Settings”.
- A settings screen will appear similar to the one shown below
- Click on the option “Location”
- A list of connected GPS sources is provided. If your unit is configured it will be shown in the list. If it is not, tap on the "+ Add Provider" tab.
- On the Add Provider screen confirm that "External receiver" is selected as well as "Bluetooth", then toggle ON "Discover". Since you have already paired your device with you phone or tablet, any available GPS units will be shown in the list at the bottom.
- Click on the item in the list that represents your Bad Elf accessory.
- The next screen will ask for an antenna height, leave this at zero unless you are going to mount the Bad Elf on a pole or similar apparatus.
- Tap on the Back arrow (<) to exit this screen.
- You will be returned to a menu that will now show the Bad Elf accessory. If the Elf is not selected and indicates that it is connected, please tap the entry in he Provider menu now for the Elf. Successful connection will have both visual and audible indicators.
- You may now return to the main menu of Survey123 and begin data collection. All location delivered to Survey123 for ArcGIS is now provided by your Bad Elf accessory.
- When collecting data, you can verify the connection simply by clicking the Satellite icon in the top right corner.
Order any Bad Elf product online and have it shipped right to your front door - worldwide.
Buy Now ?
We’re here to help with all of your Bad Elf products. Browse recent FAQ, the Knowledge Base, Glossary, and more.Visit Support ?
Bad Elf Flex App
Specifically designed for Bad Elf Flex, built-in NTRIP client, cross-platform compatible, complete receiver control.Learn More...
Bad Elf App
Track your trips, plot your course, share with your friends and family, and get the most out of your Bad Elf hardware.Learn More...