Pairing and using a Bad Elf accessory is a very straightforward process for use with Esri Collector for ArcGIS. These instructions take you step by step through the process of connecting your Bad Elf accessory to Collector for ArcGIS.
The first step in the process is to ensure your phone or tablet is paired with the Bad Elf accessory. From your bluetooth settings page either pair or confirm that you phone or tablet is paired with your specific Bad Elf accessory.
Configuring Esri Collector for ArcGIS
The next step in the process is to configure your Bad Elf accessory to work directly with Collector for ArcGIS. The process below will only have to be completed one time unless a different Bad Elf is going to be used.
- Start Collector for ArcGIS
- On the main screen of Collector for ArcGIS, look for an icon in the upper right that looks like a box with an arrow pointing out of the top. Click this icon.
- A dialog will appear at the bottom of the screen. Click on the option “Settings”.
- A settings screen will appear similar to the one shown below
- Click on the option “Provider”
- A list of connected GPS sources is provided. If your unit is configured it will be shown in the list. If it is not, Click on the “+” symbol.
- Since you have already paired your device with you phone or tablet, any available GPS units will be shown in the list
- Click on the item in the list that represents your Bad Elf accessory.
- The next screen will ask for an antenna height, leave this at zero unless you are going to mount the Bad Elf on a pole or similar apparatus.
- Click on “Done”
- You will be returned to a menu that will now show the Bad Elf accessory.
- Ensure there is a check mark next to your Bad Elf accessory in the list. If not, simply click on the item in the list to activate it.
- You may now return to the main menu of Collector and begin data collection. All location delivered to Collector for ArcGIS is now provided by your Bad Elf accessory.
- When collecting data, you can verify the connection simply by clicking the icon on the lower left of the map screen.
Order any Bad Elf product online and have it shipped right to your front door - worldwide.Buy Now ?
Buy in Bulk
Are you a distributor or retail location wanting to sell Bad Elf products? Get in touch for special pricing opportunities.Contact Sales ?
We’re here to help with all of your Bad Elf products. Browse recent FAQ, the Knowledge Base, Glossary, and more.Visit Support ?
Bad Elf App
Track your trips, plot your course, share with your friends and family, and get the most out of your Bad Elf hardware.Learn More ?